Domande sulla famiglia Guarneri.

Rispondi
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

Alberto,

You swing and miss!
The opinions of men are like grains of sand on the seashore.
Facts tell the tale, not the mis-directd fantasies of the gullible.
The dealer cotieres in the U.K. and on the Continent of Europe still laugh all the way to bank, while foolish fiddlers who think they are playing a true Guarneri del Gesu continue sawing away on fiddles made by his cousin. It is of no consequence anyway, at least to me.
I have turned the light on in Claudio's forum, only for the benefit of Italy.
Don't go elsewhere, the rest of the world is a very dark place.

M
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

"don't know Petherick and Jalovec, never heard before, sorry. But yours seems a slightly crappy violin to me, maybe made in the 19th cent in France."
--------------------------
Sig. Claudio, in light of your comment will you permit me to illustrate the difference between "slightly crappy 19th cent. French violins" and the real thing they were copied from? Thanks in advance.

M
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

ok
andante con fuoco
Piergiuseppe
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da Piergiuseppe »

Secondo me questa etichetta pone dei seri dubbi, anzi e' falsa.
Immagine
Tempo fa feci una ricerca personale sui libretti d' opera stampati in Cremona tra la fine del 1600 e 1700. Ad esempio nessuna stamperia
in Cremona in quel periodo avrebbe stampato una una "s" simile (vedi Gi"s"alberti).
Immagine
Atomino
Utente Esperto II
Utente Esperto II
Contatta:

Messaggio da Atomino »

Markoff ha scritto:Alberto, You swing and miss!
Well I've always been a lousy golf player.

Sono sempre stato un giocatore di golf scadente.
Markoff ha scritto:The opinions of men are like grains of sand on the seashore.
Easly washed away by next tide?

Facilmente spazzati via dalla marea successiva?
Markoff ha scritto:Facts tell the tale, not the mis-directd fantasies of the gullible.
Yes, facts not theories based on an old book. Still waiting to know who are the two "educated" that performed the search. And, of course, you to introduce yourself.....

Si, i fatti e non le teorie basate su di un vecchio libro. Stiamo ancora aspettando di sapre chi siano i due "eruditi" che hanno compiuto la ricerca. E, naturalmente, che tu ti presenti.....
Markoff ha scritto: The dealer cotieres in the U.K. and on the Continent of Europe still laugh all the way to bank, while foolish fiddlers who think they are playing a true Guarneri del Gesu continue sawing away on fiddles made by his cousin. It is of no consequence anyway, at least to me.
For me neither, I'm pretty convinced that if golden age instruments could speak, some of them waking up in the morning would say "Bonjour".

Neppure per me. Sono convinto che se gli strumenti dell'Epoca d'Oro potessero parlare, alcuni di essi svegliandosi la mattina ci direbbero "Bonjour".
Markoff ha scritto: I have turned the light on in Claudio's forum, only for the benefit of Italy.
God knows how much light, benefit and apostles are needed in this poor and mistreated country. Let's praise the Lord.

Dio solo sa di quanta luce, miracoli e apostoli abbia bisogno la nostra povera e maltrattata patria. Lodiamo il Signore.
Markoff ha scritto: Don't go elsewhere, the rest of the world is a very dark place.
Rest of the galaxy is pretty messed up too.

Anche il resto della galassia è piuttosto incasinato.
- Alberto Soccini -
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

Le etichette sono state create facendo una mano tesa timbro con il tipo di blocco rimovibile. Degli Amati, Guarneris, Ruggeris e, Stradivari tutti questi utilizzati. Le etichette non sono stati creati dalla stampa "Presse" fino al violino di produzione commerciale è nata in Europa, a volte dopo il trimestre (f) - (s) Antoni(f) (F)tradvariuf ? No way!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Labels were created by the making of a hand held stamp with removeable block type. Some had fancy "borders" engraved on them, so that is nothing new. The Amatis, Guarneris, Ruggeris and, the Stradivaris all used them. (One thing lafamiglia Hill did get right.)

To my knowledge labels were not created in great quantities by means of printing "presses" until commerical violin manufacturing came into being in Europe, sometime after the 1st quarter of the 19th century.

The Italians used in combination both Latin and Roman letters, the ( f ) substiuted for ( s ) being the mo(f)t prevalent.
Antoniu(f) (F)tradivariuf ? No way!
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

grado di produrre fotografie di un Guarneri del Gesu viola, e l'etichetta risale al 1706.
Posso anche produrre una fotografia abbastanza bene l'etichetta. E 'infatti quasi esattamente uguale a quello mostrato da Piergiuseppe. Quando si vede anche la parte anteriore della testa, non ci può essere alcun dubbio a chi ha reso viola!

----------------------------------------------
I can produce photographs of a Guarneri del Gesu viola, and the label dates to 1706.
I can also produce a fairly good photograph of the label. It is in fact almost exactly the same as shown by Piergiuseppe. When one sees even the front of the head, there can be no question as to who made THIS viola!

M
Piergiuseppe
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Markoff ha scritto: The Italians used in combination both Latin and Roman letters, the ( f ) substiuted for ( s ) being the mo(f)t prevalent.
Antoniu(f) (F)tradivariuf ? No way!
A parte che un qualsiasi utilizzatore DTP riconoscerebbe che quei font non sono di quel secolo, non hai osservato bene. Intendevo:
Immagine
Le etichette erano stampate non erano timbri usati a mano. Alcuni marchi sono fatti con un timbro in un secondo momento vedi A(croce)S in un cerchio.
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

DIP? :o What a lovely term! :lol:

Does the number 1948 mean anything to you?
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

Just for grins :wink:

Immagine
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

Ciao!

Will someone please demonstrate for me where the influence of Mirecourt, Paris, Mittenwald or Markneu-kirchen shows up in the back of this fiddle?

http://yfrog.com/0ucollage231yj

Grazie!
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

sometimes the french copies have a better look than the original Guarneris, the CC appear to be very long and the curves are empathized, this violin looks more in a liberty style in my opinion. Also the wood appears to be stained and the varnish artificially worn. I like the corners, but I don't exactly if this violin french or german.

Qualche volta le copie francesi hanno un'apparenza migliore dei Guarneri originali, le CC appaiono piuttosto lunghe e le curve sono enfatizzate, questo violino guarda più allo stile liberty che a quello barocco. Il legno appare essere stato impregnato con qualche colorante e la vernice sembra consumata in modo artificiale. Non so con esattezza se questo violino sia francese o tedesco
andante con fuoco
Markoff
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da Markoff »

"sometimes the french copies have a better look than the original Guarneris, the CC appear to be very long and the curves are empathized, this violin looks more in a liberty style in my opinion. Also the wood appears to be stained and the varnish artificially worn. I like the corners, but I don't exactly if this violin french or german."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sig. Rampini, dendro tests done by Peter Ratcliff Violins gives a date (circa 1742) for the bass side of the belly, nothing for the treble side. So the wood came from two different trees.

Do you think that 19th century European commercial fiddle making factories would be so "selective" as to seek out such old wood? that had stains, knots marks, and saplines in it. Instead of the convenience of quarter sawn, book matched, split billets?

It is clear to me that the varnish is not artifically worn and that it has seeped through the wood and is visible in a number of places on the inside. This probably means that the maple used for the back and ribs was not fully cured when the surface preparation and top coats of varnish were applied.

I am not aware that any French or German commercial fiddle maker ever used such a process for varnishing. And I have seen many hundreds of French and German factory violins during my lifetime.
Piergiuseppe
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Markoff ha scritto: http://yfrog.com/0ucollage231yj
La vernie e specialmente il sottofondo sembrano un po' quella di Cristiano.

Ciao!
Piergiuseppe
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Markoff ha scritto:Just for grins :wink:
ma... siamo gia' arrivati alle comiche?
Rispondi