Opened back

Stringed Instruments International Discussion Board.
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

studs are like clets?
I think they are not necessary, if your glueing is bad, no stud or clet can avoid to reopen a back or a top. You have to find your best compromise for the glue process, try to make many tests, you have to build your experience. If you go slowly now, you'll be faster in the future... :wink:
Claire
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato
Contatta:

Messaggio da Claire »

tsenglo ha scritto: I order a cheaper one in US, cost me $25.
Hello Tsenglo (and Claudio!)--
The cheaper clamp is what I have, and it works, but it only has two leveling clamps, instead of four. The American clamp is fine for this repair, but the Dick clamp is much better for repair work on a finished violin. (I am saving up to buy one!).

-Claire
tsenglo
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da tsenglo »

Clarie,
Glad you are here in this forum. Though a smaller community than Maestronet, but I hope the small is the beauty. And I am the one need most of help from other memebers.
Claire
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato
Contatta:

Messaggio da Claire »

I like this forum very much, but I do not say very much here (unlike Maestronet!) because my Italian is very bad.

My difficulty reading this forum makes me appreciate those of you who do not speak english, but are brave enough to participate in Maestronet anyway.

Grazie, tutti, per la vostra pazienza! E per permettere alcuni inglesi.
:)
Claire
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

Hello Claire, you are welcome. Feel free to come here and ask whatever you want on any argument: violinmaking, cheesecakes, etc. :D
tsenglo
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da tsenglo »

Claire ha scritto: The cheaper clamp is what I have, and it works, but it only has two leveling clamps, instead of four. The American clamp is fine for this repair, but the Dick clamp is much better for repair work on a finished violin. (I am saving up to buy one!).
It turned out that I have to use rubber bands for button area because the clamp are too shollow to bite the palte. I did use it on bottom area. I do not like this cheap clamp at all, I will have to take the cork cushion out because it will slipped off the clamp when I tried to tight it in. Good saying " Don't buy cheap". The reason I went for this cheap one is that I really spend TOO MUCH and I did not even see a shadow of "VIOLIN".(Not frustration though)
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

:lol:
tsenglo
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da tsenglo »

8)
tsenglo
Utente Registrato
Utente Registrato

Messaggio da tsenglo »

I again work on my "cracked" back last night, of course I did not force to twist the plate this time. But it seems ok as far as I work on it for 3 hours last night while I carfully graduating.
Rispondi