Viola Hiroshi Iizuka

Non solo barzellette sui violisti, please :)
alessandromuzell
Utente Attivo
Utente Attivo
Contatta:

Messaggio da alessandromuzell »

1972pianoman ha scritto:hi Alessandro, nice work! What kind of ground did you Use?

Hello friend, I do use própolis inside and outside. Outside I put a bit the glue water and gelatin. After finished the neck I'll apply a nice ground with pumice stone whit oil seed.
davidesora
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da davidesora »

alessandromuzell ha scritto:
1972pianoman ha scritto:hi Alessandro, nice work! What kind of ground did you Use?

Hello friend, I do use própolis inside and outside. Outside I put a bit the glue water and gelatin. After finished the neck I'll apply a nice ground with pumice stone whit oil seed.
Hi, do you use straight propolis dissolved in alcool or the Fulton propolis soap?
And for the ground only pumice and linseed oil or pumice and oil varnish?
What about the ratio pumice/oil you use?

Davide
alessandromuzell
Utente Attivo
Utente Attivo
Contatta:

:D Hello Davide, So my step by step is for first: I apply silicat of potasio. After I apply extract propolis with alcool 99º for protection of the wood. After I apply water glue or gelatine. After I apply a soft pure oil seed, only. After, I wait a few weeks for drying better. While the body drying with sun lights I go do the neck. Now, the neck is finished and join the body. In this time the oil was very dry and I go apply the neck. After a few weeks I do the mix with spirt varnish very well diluted with stone pumice, i prefer pumice that tripoli.

After rub I'll start the normal varnish.
alessandromuzell
Utente Attivo
Utente Attivo
Contatta:

:D The neck are almost finished

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

:D
davidesora
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

alessandromuzell ha scritto::D Hello Davide, So my step by step is for first: I apply silicat of potasio. After I apply extract propolis with alcool 99º for protection of the wood. After I apply water glue or gelatine. After I apply a soft pure oil seed, only. After, I wait a few weeks for drying better. While the body drying with sun lights I go do the neck. Now, the neck is finished and join the body. In this time the oil was very dry and I go apply the neck. After a few weeks I do the mix with spirt varnish very well diluted with stone pumice, i prefer pumice that tripoli.

After rub I'll start the normal varnish.
Wow, a quite elaborate ground system, future scientist will have their trouble to rediscover it by analysis when the recipe will be lost like old cremonese system !!! :D
Very nice effect indeed, I like the color of your soundbox in the photos.
Also nice and interesting scroll, never seen one like this before, quite modern looking.

Davide

PS I also prefer pumice than tripoli, seem to me more transparent in my turpentine/colophony ground.
Maybe the Mr. Hargrave plaster of paris system can beat it but not sure, I will have to try it sometime......
alessandromuzell
Utente Attivo
Utente Attivo
Contatta:

:D Grazie Maestro David, but I am only poor amateur. For do my preparation with silicate I do use the leaf from "Equisetun arvense L. with cal virgem. The leaf have very nice silicio in your composition and when add virgem cal turn up Silicato of Potassio. The water glue is easy. We have abundance of extract of própolis on liquid state, pure, but the stone of própolis is very hard to find. A very light coat of oil seed turn up a nice extra protection. I don't use color direct on the wood and for this I have that make the maximum natural flames and rings of the wood to be see natural. My spirit varnish is very simple, Indian gun laca, sandarac, mastic and alcool, but the initial coat I put with pumice stone, only initial. Look that, today, I have finished the first coat of silicate more water glue and more oil, see as the natural flames and rings showing very well, now, a few weeks on the sunshine and I do can start the vernish......

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

In the last night I was talking about this model of viola with my great friend Master Lutier Vlamir Ramos because this no is very easy to find on symphonic from europe or orient but is very easy to see on North America and Brasil too. Maybe because the maestro luthier Hiroshi Iizuka lives on north america (USA). Here on Brasil some luthier just make the body of Iizuka but the scroll no, they making only the traditional scroll. I think that I am the first (amateur) lutier that try make the original Iizuka scroll, I hope that stay good when finished. Some guys that have the original viola from Hiroshi tell me that is very nice sound, deep bass, easy to play. I hope.
1972pianoman
Utente Esperto I
Utente Esperto I

Messaggio da 1972pianoman »

I've just tried plaster of Paris, according to mr.Hargrave recipe, I think it's wonderful.
davidesora
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

1972pianoman ha scritto:I've just tried plaster of Paris, according to mr.Hargrave recipe, I think it's wonderful.
Mixed with varnish or straight on the wood with water?
I'll be more interested in the first method, I don't like the wetting effect that swell the wood grain, especially on maple.
Could you elaborate further?

Davide
alessandromuzell
Utente Attivo
Utente Attivo
Contatta:

1972pianoman ha scritto:I've just tried plaster of Paris, according to mr.Hargrave recipe, I think it's wonderful.

I dont know this plaster of Paris, I need find more informations....thanks...
alessandromuzell
Utente Attivo
Utente Attivo
Contatta:

:( Sorry David I don't understand the first question. What you tell about mixed?
1972pianoman
Utente Esperto I
Utente Esperto I

This is plaster of Paris, before using it, must be slaked stirring it in tap water for a week (according to Cennino Cennini the process should take one month). http://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scagliola
Otherwise you could try this
Which is a slaked plaster (solfato di calcio biidrato). http://shop.kremerpigments.com/en/pigme ... 1810:.html
Davide, ho provato il gesso in acqua spennellata sul legno preparato con nitrito. Ho aspettato che asciugasse e poi ho tolto l'eccesso con uno straccio ed un pennello pulito asciutto per i sotto squadra. Infine ho applicato la vernice a olio con le dita ed il risultato è molto soddisfacente. Ha un ottimo indice di rifrazione. La cosa interessante è si può utilizzare direttamente una vernice del colore desiderato e finire con uno strato di vernice trasparente, per un totale di 2 mani di vernice. Hargrave docet
davidesora
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

alessandromuzell ha scritto:

I dont know this plaster of Paris, I need find more informations....thanks...
You can find all the information about this ground system on Maestronet forum in the topic "Making a double bass" by Roger Hargrave.

Davide
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

Giovanni, apri una discussione apposita sul gesso a scagliola? grazie
andante con fuoco
1972pianoman
Utente Esperto I
Utente Esperto I

Ok , scusate.
claudio
Liutaio
Liutaio
Contatta:

Messaggio da claudio »

1972pianoman ha scritto:Ok , scusate.
Non c'è niente da chiedere scusa, è che visto che la discussione si sta allargando alla preparazione del legno, a prescindere dall'argomento in oggetto, penso sia una buona cosa dedicargli maggiore attenzione.
andante con fuoco
Rispondi